Sunday, February 12, 2012

It Didn't Lack Desire

Filling in the blanks,since I didn't have time to either warm up or cool down on Thursday it was Friday's 10 miler b4 I got to brake in my new Asics Rush 33's.
I skipped yesterday,the weather couldn't seem to make up it's mind if it wanted to snow or not and if I'm being 100% honest I was still suffering a hangover from Thursday's cock up and frankly felt a "less is more" mindset coming on........

When I said "less is more" I wasn't referring to the temperature.....sweet Jesus!!!! 29 degrees when I left at 10.30am this morning and upon arriving at Temple's track I found the track dusted w/ snow but not unrunable.....not surprisingly I had the track to myself ie the only person insane enough to run on a snow covered track in sub zero conditions w/ a vicious head wind on the back straight.
Needless to say post mile warm up there was no stripping off layers today,hooded fleece,half zip fleece and long sleeved running shirt,warm up bottoms over my running tights,sure I looked and felt like "Mr Bulky" but at least I wasn't going to freeze/catch frostbite.

#1 1,000m 1.21.-1.27-41-3.29.4.In fairness b4 I even began I knew my times weren't going to be anything to write home about but this was more about putting forth the effort than worrying about what the stop watch said.

#2 1,000m 1.23-1.28-41-3.32.3Pretty much more of the same there was a temptation to ditch the stop watch and just run the repeats.....but I knew curiosity would get the better of me if I didn't.

#3 1,000m 1.26-1.29-40-3.35.3.Dealing w/ the wind on the back straight was tough and the sub zero wind wasn't helping any but w/ three down and two to go I was home free.

#4 1,000m 1.22-1.28-41-3.31.5.Always good to reverse a trend and prove I wasn't running up the white flag,the times may be slow but my desire wasn't diminished,never question my heart.

#5 1,000m 1.23-1.27-37-3.27.4.Anytime you can close quicker than you opened has to be a good thing even on a under par day.

While my splits were nothing to sing from the rooftops the desire to get out and compete on a day that was far from idea tells me what I may lack in speed right now I make up for w/ heart and determination and look forward to my next repeat session in a few days time....and hopefully it'll be bloody warmer then than today!!!

No comments: