Monday, February 13, 2012

Golden Girl

Kind of a no brainer that w/ tomorrow being Valentine's Day there's going to be a picture of Florence Welch on my blog..........duh!!!!!!! but to share the love I though a picture of the other great love of my life Jessica Ennis was in order,taken in Sheffield yesterday at the UK Indoor C'ships after winning the 60m hurdles I have to say the Union Jack has seldom looked so beautiful!!!!!!!!

An unexpected bonus today the chance to run w/ my friend and team mate Nick Berra.
It's fair to say Nick and I swim in different circles.......not a reference to his ability to do pool running w/ Hydroworks{free plug there guys....maybe you could hook me up sometime.......he hinted!!!!) but we live on polar opposite sides of Pennsylvania,in fact the last time I saw Nick was the first weekend of October in Syracuse for the Masters 5k road race c'ships.
So when I got an email from Nick this morning letting me know he was in Philly for a few hours this evening and wanting to know if I was up for a run a "fist size Burrito" afterwards at Qudoba I was only too happy to restructure my schedule.

Shelving my solo 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway at 4pm I met Nick at his hotel in Center City just after 6pm and we headed off towards Kelly Drive via the Ben Franklin Parkway and the Schuylkill Banks at the Art Museam and made the turnaround just b4 the Columbia Bridge.
The pace was a comfortable 6 and a half minute pace which allowed us to conduct a conversation while we ran,Nick gave me his perspective on the new Millrose Games this weekend at The Armory,we discussed races we've ran and missed in recent weeks and looked ahead to Indoor Nationals in Bloomington in 4 weeks time.
Post run we hit Qudoba for said "fist size Burrito" I commented how it must feel for Mo Farah working out everyday w/ Galen Rupp it was a good run and I'm hopeful come outdoor season in my two 10,000m races on the track the experience of this evenings brisk 6 miler will serve me well.
I suspect a somewhat slower 6 miler solo tomorrow....and no "fist size Burrito"post run!!!!

No comments: