Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Workman Like Performance

As a soccer fan I'm well used to the cliches managers used in post game interviews,"we weren't at the races today""I'm sick as a parrot""I'm over the moon""the ref gave us nothing today""it was a game of two halves"and "it was a workman like performance" to name half a dozen.

The later usually means the team in question did nothing more or nothing less than they had to which pretty much describes this lunchtimes easy 10 miler,w/ the emphasis on easy.
After a late nite on the dance floor at Sex Dwarf and the prospect of a track repeat tomorrow the last thing I needed was an all out out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway so I took my foot off the gas and enjoyed a nice easy run.
One good thing about a more low key run was having the time to do the mental math as I look at the last six weeks leading upto Indoor Nationals,I need to factor in a taper three weeks out and I'd like to up my repeats to twice a week starting next week.

Playing Devils Advocate or in my case Devils Associate providing I take care of business tomorrow I will have 16 50 mile weeks in the last 25 weeks so I know there's little or no question about my strength and stamina so I just feel it's time to work on sharpening my speed,w/ the evenings getting lighter later there's no excuse for not being able to hit the track during the week now....although next week I have a race and ditto for two weeks later so those two weeks are earmarked but I will look to work in an extra repeat sessions in the other four weeks......to quote Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" I feel the need for speed........

No comments: