Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Having A Giggle W/ "Our Kid"

My often military precision schedule got thrown for a loop last nite hence no blog entry,as I often say"it's all well and good have a set schedule but sometimes you have to allow for flexibility"
I'm coming up on 25 years here in October and in most of that time I've made a point of phoning my mother every Sunday and also talking to my brother Keith once a month.
The phone calls between "Our Kid" and I have become legendary over the years there have been some conversations that were dark and twisted w/ either of us venting our spleens or baring our souls,I know for my part I'm glad it was my kid brother on the other end of the phone when I've had to spill my guts and open up to someone,I'm confident that some of the deepest and darkest secrets I've only ever confided in Keith will go to the grave w/ him,we all need that special someone to unload to and for me it's always been "Our Kid"

That said we also have a right good laugh,trust me nothing is sacred when we get going,it's no surprise that Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's alter egos Derek and Clive run rampant in a phone call between the pair of us,I've said it b4 and I'll say it again there's nothing like the sound of "Our Kid" and me laughing our arses off down the phone line to narrow the 3,500 mile distance between us.
Topics for discussion last nite were the Spurs arsenal game,the Noel Gallagher show at the O2 Arena in London on Sunday{and the main reason our regular Sunday natters on the phone got moved to a Monday}laughing at Glasgow rangers going into administration,The Oscars,The Baftas,The Brit Awards,Eastenders,Simple Minds and doing unspeakable things to Jessie J......little angels no......a right pair of bastards......definitely!!!!!

I did manage a 6 miler last nite pre phone call and again tonite,little by little I'm shedding layers of clothing as we're on March's doorstep.
Tomorrow isn't looking great for running w/ the threat of rain we'll have to play that one by ear.

No comments: