Monday, April 21, 2008

WWW Wind,Weaving,Wallies*

*Wallies wasn,t really the W word I wanted but for the sake of arguement the word I really wanted to use rhymes w/ anchors....but begins w/ a w.......I know you,re following me now!
I,m sure it has been said more than once if you take a creature out of it,s natural enviroment it will have a hard time adapting to it,s new surrondings,today that felt like me,w/ Franklin Field off limits for the week due to Penn Relays I was forced to do my workout at Roxboro,a track I,m no stranger to however the one thing I,m sure of at Franklin Field is that I,ll be able to conduct my workout w/out fear of the track being invaded/taken over by people w/ no sence of track ethics,enter the CYO group at Roxboro this evening.
It,s one thing having to deal w/ the wind all evening,that,s something beyond my control,having to weave in and out of lanes throughout the workout because these wallies think they,re the only ones using the track is another,I,m sorry but standing in the lane facing me as I come full tilt towards you should be a clue to get out of the way..........not looking to your right to see if anyones coming up the track as you exit the infield is another,only repeats #1 and #6 were conducted in lane 1,repeats #2 through#5 saw me weaving in and out of lanes 3,4,5 and 6.
GP had tweaked my 6x600m slightly instead of 1.50 per 600m w/ a 2.5/3 minute recovery we,d dropped the target times down to 1.43-1.45 off of a 400m walk/jog recovery.
It all began well enough a 67 sec 400m on route to a 1.41.27 600m,like I said earlier I managed that in lane 1,then it all went pear shaped.
1.15 for the opening 400m,the wind on the home straight was brutal and having to weave in and out of lanes was killing my rhythm,1.49.40 at 600m,I had hoped this was a blip....no such luck!!
1.14 for the opening 400m as I now clocked 1.52.00,I wasn,t even going to have the satisfaction of getting all 6 under 1.50 now.From bad to worse,more wind,more weaving,more wallies1.16 at 400m,1.51.68 at 600m,I wasn,t about to run up the white flag,that,s not my style,I would see this through to the bitter end....it didn,t get much bitter than repeat#5 1.20 at 400m,1.57.22 at 600m,mercifully the wallies were now off the track and I could get back into lane 1,1.13 at 400m b4 a 1.46.03 finish,a slightly higher note to finish a frustrating evening on.
I,ve ridden a good wave of track workouts in the past three weeks untill this evening,law of averages said I was due a bad workout sooner or later,I,ve had it now,time to put it behind me and ready myself for Wednesdays return here for my 2x1,000m.....and hope the CYO contingent are NOT here,not a very christian attitude I know but no thanks to them tonite I felt I,d been thrown to the lions.

No comments: