Sunday, April 27, 2008

Transition

A rarity a training run w/ Seebs,dispite being house mates we come from different directions where our running is concerned,I,m a track runner,Seebs is a road runner,my last race was 400m,his was a marathon,can you say chalk and cheese?I know you can!!!!
To futher underline how different our directions are,my next race is an 800m in Delaware on Saturday,Seebs,s is the Broad St Run Sunday so the fact we got together this lunch time for a run is very rare,I just needed to log a 3.5 miler to round out my weekly milage at 25 miles Seebs in his own words was "looking to feed the addiction"which I stress was a running joke....I haven,t gone from Kevin Forde to Betty Ford overnight!!!
This was meant to be an easy run but frankly having Seebs along side me meant we pushed the pace a little more than I probably would,ve had I gone solo but as long as that doesn,t come back to haunt me tomorrow in my track workout who cares.
When tomorrow rolls around I,ll be back to my tried and tested solo track workouts and Seebs will do whatever it is he does to get ready for a road race but that,s why between us I own the club records on the track for middle distance and Seebs owns the club records for road racing between 5k and the marathon minus 20k

No comments: