Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting Stuff Done

Nice easy fiver miler today which also meant the chance to get other non running stuff done,I won,t deny "the run comes first" as it should but somedays you have to know how to tweak your schedule to get the run in but also take care of the non running stuff or as I like to say"having ones {low fat}cake and eat it!!
As I mentioned Sunday in my blog, Sunday would,ve been my fathers 75th birthday and like any of his birthdays I like to light a candle in his honour in church,Sunday kind of got away from me and Monday was a long track workout so today felt as good a day as any to swing by St John,s in Center City and pay my respects,I actually don,t think he,d have minded me being a few days late.
Next stop 69th St to pick up a hanging rack for my clothes,I,ve only been in the basement of Seebo,s house since Sept 1st....no rush to get things done but frankly the futon ISN,T cutting it anymore so the sooner my hanging clothes get hung the easier it,ll be to get my bed back together etc etc,said rack is now put together and were it not so late in the evening I,d be moving stuff in order to put my bed back together,Rome wasn,t built in a day{I suspect it could,ve been had the romans employed some Irish labourers to do the work but that,s just me!}so a few more days won,t won,t kill me,afterall it,s only been eight months and counting since I moved in......
W/ both my chores taken care of it was off to Clark Park for my easy five miler,a little retro 80s music to get me around the ten loops,"Dare" by the Human League,great album,great memories,still love the 80s when dodgy hair dos and even dodgier clothes were the norm....it was the 80s we were young we didn,t care.
Some speed work on tap tomorrow,5x500m,400m at 77 seconds w/ a 16/16.5 final 100m,300m recovery.......there will be no chores getting done tomorrow.

No comments: