Friday, April 18, 2008

No Blood,No Tears,Plenty Of Sweat

My last hard workout of the week,mile warm up,mile of strides,3x300m at 49 seconds,4x200m begining at 31 seconds working down to 28 seconds,800m cool down......turns out Clyde Hart used to give this workout to Michael Johnson and Jeremy Wariner....obviously the splits were faster but the workout is the same......if it was good enough for Michael and Jeremy it,s good enough for me!!!
Conditions were warm this evening,next to no wind,pretty good conditions to run in,after my mile warm up and mile of strides it was time for the 300s,49 seconds w/ a 5 minute recovery between repeats 1 and 2 and 10 minutes after the third.
A remarkable 42.79 for openers,GP seemed gob smacked by the speed of that,asking if I,d gotten the markings on the track correct....cheeky git!!!!,yeah I,d gotten it right and yeah that,s no typo,42.79,hang out w/ relays guys/sprinters and it begins to rub off on you!!!
44.28 for #2 followed by 44.43 for #3 it felt good and I felt fluid while running them,I,m not a 400m runner but I can run a good 400.
Now for the real test 4x200m begining at 31 seconds then getting a second faster w/ 3 minutes recovery inbetween each one,31.99 for the opener,it was vital to get the pace right on this one,I knew now to crank it up a notch on each of the next three,30.55 for #2 b4 just missing out on #3 w/ a 30.11,I knew w/ only one more repeat to come I could give it my all but alas came up short again 29.97,still all in all a good workout and one I could walk away from w/ my head held high.
Tomorrow,s easy 4 miles will put me at 27 miles for the week,I figured a mile and a half warm up and cool down either side of Sundays hand offs workout at Haverford will round my weekly milage off at 30 miles.

No comments: