Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lions 1 Christians 0 Lions Go Through On Away Goals

This was it my final serious workout b4 Saturdays 4x4 at Penn,back into the lions den so to speak,mercifully the CYO contingent on hand this evening were fewer than Monday though I was a tad concerned upon arriving at the track to spy two girls in the infield w/ acoustic guitars,I had visions of several verses of"Cumbyah My Lord" ringing out while I conducted my workout,this thankfully never materialized.
Mile warm,mile of strides b4 my 3x150m at 21 second pace w/ a 150 walk/jog recovery,I went 20.43,19.77,20.48 all three felt comfortable,not sure where the second one sprung from but overall a good start.
Uh oh!slight gaffe on my 500m repeat,the plan was 400m at 65-67 second pace,all out final 100m,first gaffe,too relaxed on the opening 400m clocked 71 seconds,time to kick it up a notch.....DISPITE knowing it was a 500m repeat and I only had to run another 100m I ended up going full tilt over 200m and making it a 600m.....doh!,clocked a 1.41.04 600m,not too shabby,a 30 second final 200m to boot.
W/ 5 minutes recovery b4 my final 2x150m I took GP,s advice and lay on the ground w/ my legs up against the wall to drain the lactic acid out of them b4 my final 150s,it seemed to do the trick,I was a tad too relaxed on the opener,22.30 but made up for it on the finale 20.81,the target time for these was 20 seconds.
Mile cool down to finish off the nite and that was my lot,no repeat of Mondays debarcle,the "tired tiger" had vanquished the christians just as St George had vanquished the dragon{April 23rd St George,s Day,St George patron saint of England for those wondering what I,m on about}
Me thinks I,m not done w/ the CYO mob,post Penn relays I should be able to get back onto my beloved Franklin Field for a week or two b4 they close it down again for graduation,more treking to Roxboro,more acoustic guitars in the infield,more potentially aggravating repeat workouts among the wallies,more fuel for the fire,it,s like Billy Bragg once said"Life W/ The Lions"

No comments: