Saturday, April 12, 2008

Return Of The Eight Legged Groove Machine

A sure sign things are back to nornal for me,up early,out running,then coffee and soccer,this is how weekend runs are meant to be conducted!!!
In fairness I feel I,d have been loving life much more this morning if my day would,ve started w/ a 4 miler as planned.....however GP had other ideas,he suggested a 6 miler,followed by an easy 3 tomorrow,I went along w/ it mainly because I tend to think I need to be nudged in the right direction sometimes as oppossed to being left to my own devices but I won,t deny the prospect of 6 miles right after I,d just woken up wasn,t filling me w/ the joys of spring!!!
Help however was at hand in the form of The Wonder Stuff on my ipod,I couldn,t tell you how I came to download them onto my ipod last nite it was just one of those things,I hadn,t listened to them for a while and thought emm something different for my 6 miler.
Worked out pretty good too,"The Eight Legged Grove Machine" is 18 tracks long meaning it got me through the whole run w/out having to pull up a second sellection during the run.
It,s hard not to run w/ a huge smile on your face when you listen to "It,s Yer Money I,m After Baby" w/ lyrics like"Don,t give me love or no none of that stuff cos it,s yer money I,m after baby,your love and your kisses are just not enough, cos it,s yer money I,m after baby,well I know that it,s hard and I know that it,s tough,but each thing you give me it,s just not enough,forget your heart it,s your bank I want to break,it,s just yer money I,m after baby"
While I may,ve felt a little leg weary at the compleation of my 6 miler I will confess by luvnch time when I was out doing chores my legs felt strong again,"the sage one" had struck again,guess that,s why he,s the coach and I,m the runner!!!

No comments: