Thursday, April 10, 2008

Run Locally,Think Globally

An easy 4 miler around Clark Park w/ the emphasis on easy,tomorrow is my longest workout of the week 4x1 mile repeats.
A couple of slices of irony to ponder,my music du jour today was Stevie Ray Vaughan,the irony,for weeks leading upto Nationals I felt like I was crying the blues,today I was singing them,but when Stevie Ray is playing the blues I don,t feel it can get much better.Irony part two w/ outdoor season comes thoughts of summer,today felt like a summers day in early spring and judging from the masses at Clark Park this evening I was not alone in that thought I saw more people there today than all of March combined and frankly any day I can ditch my warm ups for a bandana,shades,t shirt and shorts while running is a good day.
Earlier in the day Ray and I began planning our trip to Spokane in August for Outdoor Nationals,it,s 17 weeks away,seems like a lot but it,ll soon come around.Ray also mentioned reading that World Indoor Masters in 2010 will be in British Columbia, to where they have been held in the past British Columbia feels like my back yard,not wishing to get carried away but potentially my travels could take me to Spokane this summer{Outdoor Nationals}Landover next winter{Indoor Nationals}Lathi Finland next summer{World Outdoor Masters}British Columbia 2010{World Indoor Masters}Sacramento 2010{Outdoor Nationals} and back to Sacramento the following summer for World Outdoor Masters,alot of training miles......but think of the frequent flyers miles!!!!!
My next trip isn,t quite as far....or exotic......Roxboro tomorrow for my 4x1 mile repeats,not quite as exciting location wise as the other venue.....but thankfully not as expensive either,note to self remember transpass leave passport behind tomorrow.

No comments: