Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ah Yes It,s Fun Time Again

Alas "technical difficulties" got the better of my blog yesterday,in fairness it was an easy 5 miler around Clark Park listening to my live Clash cd "From Here To Eternity" on my ipod,the remarkable thing about the run was it was another run where I felt like I was having fun running again.
Leading upto Indoor Nationals I didn,t feel like training was fun,my heart just wasn,t into it and for me someone who thrives off of emotion/emotions that,s a big stumbling block to try to negotiate,I often felt like I was just going through the motions and spinning my wheels,however since last Tuesday when I officially began to prep for outdoor season my mindset and demeanor has altered dramatically,prehaps getting back to basics and doing three track workouts a week helped but even my easy/recovery runs feel like fun now which brings me to this evenings track workout.
2x1,000m,GP felt it might be prudent to modify this workout slightly from the tried and tested version I did last spring/summer,then my target times were 2.50 2.45 my starter for ten this evening 3.00 2.55,to hit 3.00 GP asked me to hit 1.12 for the opening 400m,1.12 for the second 400m{2.24@800m}and 36 seconds for the closing 200m.
Pace as ever was the key,and we all know how hit and miss that can be for me,though in fairness the other evening I felt like I did a good job,1.10 for my opening 400m,it felt comfortable,the trick now would be to hold onto that pace,remembering the error I made on repeat#2 on Monday I made sure to stay focused,1.13/2.23 at 800m, a second inside my target time,again I knew not to relax on the closing 200m,I,d have to work the turn and keep driving down the back straight,the good thing w/ this repeat is ten minutes recovery inbetween repeats,unlike my 600s when I,ve only got two and a half/three minutes so I was able to drive hard to the finish,2.57.82 a 36 second 200m,not bad and three seconds inside my target time.
I knew not to get over confident while waiting for my second repeat,just get out there and run the opening 400m smoothly and see how it,d play out,to hit 2.55 I needed back to back 1.10s and a 35 second closing 200m
1.10 again for my opening 400m it felt comfortable,the trick now would be to dodge the falling pianos that would come crashing on that second lap,focus was the watch word,stone me!1.13 again identical 400m and 800m splits on both repeats but knowing this 200m was my last 200m of the session all bets were off and so were the gloves,a 32 second final 200m to finish in 2.55.48.
Parphrasing slightly I believe my post finish comment was "have some of that"this may,ve been preceeded w/ the use of the f word ....hey my blood and oxygen were all discombobulated I don,t know if I knew what I was saying.............yeah right!!!! but seriouly I was stoked w/ my times again this evening,it,s hard not to have fun when I,m running fast again and this is only week one,I know in my blackest of pagan black heart of hearts I,m gonna get faster and stronger......and most likely more profane..................yeah baby guess who,s back!

No comments: