Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shed A Little Blood For The Cause

Quite the day,a new pair of running shoes after my freebie Reeboks for winning 5th Ave Mile had logged 407 miles and were put out to pasture{they,re now my everday shoes for work}
I broke my new Asics,s in w/ my five mile recovery run around Clark Park,enjoying the warm weather{the first sleeveless shirt run of the year!}and the dulcet tones of David Sylvian on my ipod.Normally that would be it for the day however I was meeting up w/ Chuck,Daryl and Rick at Franklin Field to work on hand offs w/ Penn Relays now just over a week away.
In three years of running relays I,ve never experienced what I experienced this evening,getting my finger caught inside the baton,it drew blood and still stings a little now some two hours later......however it should be pointed out I made the exchange w/ out dropping the baton and I,m sure I,ll be fine.
I have one more trip to Franklin Field tomorrow,the relay team will meet up again Sunday at Haverford and then that,s it till next Saturday when unlike tonite Franklin Field will be full or close to it,it should come as no great surprize my two fastest 400m times are both from Penn Relays in 06 and 07,how I,d love the 08 edition to be my fastest.

No comments: