Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Off The Charts

An added bonus to get this workout in,originally I thought it'd be late Sunday when I returned from Ithaca but got home mid afternoon on Sunday.
However the last thing I heard going to sleep was the sound of the rain hitting the windows and this was also the first thing I heard when I awoke,but by lunch time the rain had quit so I figured why not take advantage of an afternoon workout at Franklin Field and made my way to the track by 2pm.
The plan was 6x600m repeats since this would be my lone hard workout for the week w/ Millrose on the horizon on Friday,the rain made it impossible to lay down and stretch but there was little I could do about that,granted not a habit I wish to get into but getting soaked 4 days b4 a race didn't seem like a good idea either so........

Following my mile warm up it was off w/ the warms ups and down to base layer,it's not every day I have the commodity of a lunch time workout during the week{Friday is the last of my Friday's off after a glorious six month run}so why not take full advantage?
#1,600m 70,37-1.47.38.Unexpected to say the least,in a week where my 400m speed will be clutch this was a nice way to open things up.
#2,600m 71,34-1.45.69.Yowzer!!haven't seen a 600m split that fast in a while,however I was beginning to see where this workout was heading.....
#3,600m 74,35-1.49.12.Fast times are great and all that but when your splits are going up and down like a EKG chart the conclusion is pretty much right in front of your nose.

In any other week I'd have sucked it up and grinded out 600s 4,5 and 6 but given this is no ordinary week I said screw it,originally Wednesday was my planned 3x600m but now I'll throw in some 200s to get the fast twitch muscles....fast,there'll be no hanging around come Friday in the Masters 4x400m relay.

No comments: