Friday, January 8, 2010

Read All About It/A Man Of My Word

Yes,the much heralded and previously touted Allentown Morning Call article on the GPTC World Record has gone to print,you can read it yourselves if you follow the link to Ken Stones Masterstrack blog at:http://masterstrack.com/blog
It was nice to read the article in full having recently spoken w/ Andrew Wagaman over the phone for my part of the story,when he interviewed me over the phone last Wednesday it was three days since the World Record and I was still on a high,now nine days after my quote that ends the article I stand by the fact I'm still coming to terms w/ the fact the words World Record are next to my name.
For the rest of my life I will be indebted to my team mates Scott,Bob and Nick for helping me realize a wish/dream to brake a World Record,and to the B relay team of Phil,Delvin,Chuck and Tom for their help,especially Chuck who is still chasing signatures so that we can get this World Record processed and made official.

Following my previous entry I did in fact get dressed and go out and run,having meant every word of what I said after last nites debacle and my recent slide into bad habits I sucked it up,threw on my hat,gloves,base layer of dri long sleeved shirt and tights under my warm ups and off I went for a 5 miler along Cobbs Creek pathway.
It felt good to be out doing what prior to my injury was natural,going for an easy run,unlike recent weeks when I checked AOL Weather and read 32 degrees,feels like 21 degrees and said no, today I said bollocks to that and I was out the door to run.

Granted it was a lot easier to do at 12.30pm as opposed to 4.50pm when I usually get home but frankly once I get back into the daily routine of making this the norm the easier it'll be to make it happen.
I was pleasantly surprised to get through the whole run,when I made the turn around at half way I wasn't 100% convinced I could get through the whole run but I surprised myself w/ my physical toughness not to mention a little tactical nous,I may be a track runner through and through but I can still "work the traffic lights"to my favour when I need to,an old trick I picked up from my road running days.

I'd like to get out there tomorrow,it'll be a bit like the old days on the weekend,basing my day around the run,it's been a while but like riding a bike no matter how long it is since the last time,you never forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys made LetsRun too-very cool! :)

http://www.letsrun.com/2009/masters1231.php

kevin f forde said...

W/ a little play on words from a ZZ Top song.....
''We're Bad,We're Nationwide"