Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Geting Ready To Roll

An easy 6 miler out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway to keep the weekly milege in the 30 mile zone.
A slightly later start than usual,4.55pm as I wanted to catch the end of my beloved Spurs beating Fulham 2.0,rather than blow off the run I'd rather go out a little late,and I'd rather go out a little late and know the result than run not knowing the score or fretting about the result.
Tonite was a nite to visualize the race on Friday,we are officially in now,last week we were given a tentative ok,now it's a done deal so it's full steam ahead to Millrose now.

Every year it's something w/ Millrose,in 06 I was the alternate runner on the alternate team,we didn't race that year but we did get to run on the hallowed boards of Madison Square Gardens,for me a dream come true.
We {GPTC...Greater Philadelphia Track Club}were the alternate team again in 07 b4 finally getting in in 08...........only for yours truly to suffer a stress fracture six week out,my Millrose dreams were shelved yeah???yeah right producing the greatest come back since Lazarus I still managed to anchor us to 4th,the heartache of getting caught b4 the finish line by Bob Andrews of Shore AC still haunts me to this day.
If 08 was about"unfinished business" and actually getting to race on the track at MSG then here's hoping 10 is "unfinished unfinished business"having been so close to a medal in 08 and finishing 4th last year I'm back again,albeit by the skin of my teeth and a B team in the hopes of adding a coveted Millrose Games medal to my collection,stay tuned to see if it really is "third time's a charm"

No comments: