Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Do You Know?God Really Does Love Irish Catholics...

From the Book Of Revelations,chapter one,my out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway is 6 miles not 5.
Roughly a year ago when I first moved to my current address in West Philly and began utilizing the nearby cinder track a mile away from the house my 5 miler would be,a mile up,3 miles on the"Top Cat Bowl" and a mile home.
A six miler would be out along Cobbs Creek Parkway in the other direction turning around at just beyond 65th St,and to then squeeze another mile out of the run I'd head down to the "Top Cat Bowl'',somehow I confused all of this when I began to retrace my steps along CCP recently,this means that last week I logged 27 miles not 25 and also providing I stay on schedule this week by Friday b4 departing for Ithaca I'll have 27 miles,mile warm up,mile race,mile cool down....bingo 30 miles in 6 days and a rest day on Sunday....it is after all what the good lord wanted for us was it not?

Evidently he also wants me to run the Millrose Games this year,having thought my chances had gone up in smoke when I failed to make the team I was thrown a life line when only four teams sent in entries last Friday,our very own "man w/ a plan"Chuck inquired as to the possibility of GPTC fielding a B team and we were told ok,myself Dave Brown,Daryl Johnson and Nick D are now heading up to Madison Square Gardens next Friday.
A B team was one scenario I hadn't thought of,I just figured when I didn't make the A team that was that,but once again in my storied career my road to the Millrose Games has taken another twist and turn,stay tuned I feel this story still has some legs b4 the gun goes off next Friday.

No comments: