Monday, January 18, 2010

Rainman

Seems the rain gods had other ideas for me yesterday, a day long steady downpour kyboshed any hopes I had of lacin' them up and getting out there,oh well!
After last weeks 4/16 and this weeks 5/25 I'm hoping this is the week I return to 6/30,alot may depend on my schedule on Friday,I'm not against doing an easy 5 miler b4 leaving for Ithaca providing there's time,or even a few easy miles around the Cornell campus if the temps will allow it,my debut in 07 was an eye opener to how cold it gets in upstate New York in winter....ber was putting it mildly let me tell you!

W/ some down time yesterday I began the time honoured "search the best air fair to Boston" for Indoor Nationals past time,it's ten weeks from Friday so time to get cracking looking for cheap and reasonable flights not to mention hotels.
Along those lines I cast an envious eye over the 45-49 800m and 1,500m fields for World Indoors in Kamloops British Colombia which begin in six weeks time.
Sadly a lack of finances means another World Championship has passed me by,I couldn't help but think about a quote in Pete McGill's website "Younger Legs For Older Runners" when the Jan 4th deadline for entries passed w/ a small list of overseas athletes and for that matter even American athletes listed to compete,World C'ships should be about the best of the best going head to head not just those who can afford to compete,sadly it's money or lack there of that will dictate that at this years championships.

No comments: