Friday, January 15, 2010

One Step Closer

For those who thought I was joking about my love of Linkin Park!
Any day you can get out and run is a great day but given the recent cold snap today was most welcome,I think I read it was 48 degrees,I was able to shed my hat and gloves today and may be able to do so again tomorrow for my mile repeats.
It was hard to believe I was only a week removed from my first 5 mile out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway in several months.
Four runs in eight days has done much to tighten my sadly lacking strength and stamina,my level of conditioning is working it's way back up to where I would like it to be which just leaves me to keep hitting the track to work on my speed.
After three weekends in a row of racing I'm actually glad to be home this week,I'll be away next week in Ithaca and will travel to New York the following Friday but only as an alternate for Millrose.
More importantly I'm four weeks away from returning to The Armory for #3 of Thursday Nite At The Races on Feb 11th where I'll race three times in two weeks,add the Mac C'ships the following week I now have three of my four races at The Armory,ample chance to perform an exorcism of sorts after last weeks awful race.
But first in matters closer to hand and home,4x1mile repeats tomorrow at Lower Merion.

No comments: