Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Have A Day Off Will Ya?

Despite getting home at 4.20pm which would've allowed ample time to get changed and get out on CCP for my out and back 5 miler I invoked a rest day.
Having races on Thursday and Sunday{I'd have said raced but given my frankly gutless performance Thursday at The Armory that'd be a bit like taking the piss}and in between two 5 milers Friday and Saturday I thought the old "less is more"adage might be prudent.
Not only is my beloved Franklin Field reopen as of today{yea!}but the temps are going up{double yea!!}so w/ a 6x600m on tap for tomorrow I thought it might be wise to rest the old legs plus if I continue at the current pace I'm looking at ten consecutive days which might be a tad too much too soon as I look to continue rebuilding my training.

The dust is settling on my failure to make the Millrose Games relay,it was a dream come true to just run there in 07,racing there in 08 and 09 was something special that I'll always remember but maybe it's time for the younger breed of 400m guys to carry the torch for the club that I've been only too proud to carry the past few seasons.
I nixed a trip to Penn State Saturday w/ Bob Mc,I'm not in the kind of mile shape I want to be but I do still plan to go to Cornell for the Hartshore Memorial Masters Mile the following weekend,I just hope the next week and a half sees me getting my butt in decent racing shape as I don't want to head up to Itacha and embarrass myself.
So a return to track repeats and Franklin Field,life as I know it is spinning back into orbit....said the would be time lord/time traveller....

No comments: