Thursday, January 14, 2010

Easier Does It.

W/ the mercury above freezing it was a lot easier to get home at 4.30pm,get changed and get out on Cobbs Creek Parkway for my out and back 5 miler.
Having wisely taken a day off Monday prior to my return to Franklin Field on Tuesday I felt going into Wednesday's 5 miler that I was rested and proceeded to crank out an easier 5 miler than the pair of back to back 5 milers I had ran last Friday and Saturday.
No huffin' and puffin' this evening like Friday,no cutting tangents like Saturday,this was more like it.
Having set off at 4.40pm I was able to cop a decent amount of sunlight b4 the run ended,I was probably back on the other side of Baltimore Ave b4 the last vestige of day light began to fade from view,it was kind of neat to watch the sun setting off in the distance leaving a red skyline off in my distant view as I made my way back up CCP after my half way turn around just after 65th St.
Hopefully I'm getting back my level of conditioning that I had prior to not only my injury but also from my 3 track workouts a week from late July thro mid December prior to the cold snap and Franklin Field's three week closure.
It's back to Franklin Field tomorrow for 5x1,000m b4 a return engagement here along the parkway on Friday b4 a set of mile repeats Saturday at Lower Merion,which in turn allows me another easy 5 miler Sunday and thus putting me on a Mon/Wed rotation next week b4 heading upto Ithaca for the Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile next Saturday.

No comments: