Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Change Of Plan

I just got some photos from our World Record 4x800m the other day thanks to Nick and Melanie so I thought I'd spice up ye old blog w/ a few of them,right now I have more photos than training runs!!!
We actually got above freezing today.....yea but since I'm Armory bound tomorrow it hardly seemed worth going out and risking getting sick or worse injured.
My race plans have changed also,my club record attempt at 2 miles is on hold for a month,I'm hoping it's gonna start warming up a bit so that I can get to the track to work out beginning next week as a record attempt should have some mileage attached to it I feel,there's also the oh so small matter of Sundays 400m Millrose showdown,six men stepping into the cage,only three will emerge w/ a place alongside Nick at the end of the month at MSG.

Since the 2 miles comes at the end of the meet and I'm sans ride home tomorrow there's the very real and frightening prospect of missing the 10.56pm train out of Penn Station and not getting back to Trenton in time for the final train back to Philly at 12.20am,I spent a night in a waiting room at Trenton in March when I missed the last connecting train from Penn Station and to quote Donna Noble from Doctor Who"well isn't that wizard!!!!"it was bad enough in March let alone now given how cold it is not to mention three nights b4 the "gun fight at high noon in Delaware"
So the mile it is tomorrow and a ride home,I need to get Sunday's bad 3,000m out of my system and where better then New York City and The Armory and over the mile,I've had great mile races in Thursday Nite @ The Races #1 in 07 and 09 here's hoping for more of the same tomorrow!

No comments: