Sunday, June 19, 2011

Best Week In A While

Nice easy untimed 8 miler this morning to round out my week.
Slowly but surely I'm working my mileage back up,24,30,30 and now 35,granted I'm 20 miles off the 55 miles a week I'd like to be at(and will be again)but keeping in mind Worlds is just under 3 weeks off I'd be tapering anyway.
This was a pivotal week in training for me,two very good 6 milers and a good repeat on the track,I'd have to go back to my 4 weeks of 55 mile weeks w/ 2 repeats in between the Upenn meet on April 2nd and Swarthmore on May 14th for this kind of form and also my last 8 miler was May 12th.

The blue print for next week will be a carbon copy of the week I've just had 6 milers Monday and Wednesday, easy 4 mile recovery runs Tuesday and Thursday,rest day on Friday b4 4x1 mile repeats on Saturday and an easy 8 miler next Sunday.
There's still a ton of work to be done between now and Nationals in a little over 6 weeks time but positive steps in the right direction now will go along way in making this week a turning point in my season

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

6 weeks will be long enough if you just keep progressing at this steady rate. I've found recently that if anything I've been doing a build up that was too long and had been peaking weeks before my goal race.

Hope this shorter build up will be just right for you Kevin.

Thanks for your comment too.

kevin f forde said...

Scott I find myself using Worlds to prep for Nationals!!!!but isn't that just me dancing to a different rhythm than everyone else!
Having just gotten upto 35 mile weeks I'm about to begin a 3 week taper begining next week so that I'm primed and ready for July 28th-31st.
I forwarded you blog to my team mate who's been suffering a glute injury hoping it would be helpful for him only for him to get an MRI on the injury and be told it's a sacral stress fracture....ouch he's out for 6 to 8 weeks so bang goes his Nationals.