Friday, June 10, 2011

Whatever!

Interchanging mind control come let the revolution take it's toil if you could flick the switch and open your third eye,you'd see that we should never be afraid to die so come on
Rise up and take the power back it's time the fat cats had a heart attack,you know that their time's coming to an end we have to unify and watch our flag ascend so come on
They will not force us they will stop degrading us,they will not control us we will be victorious so come on


Uprising-Muse


Sometimes in life it's best not to react to a situation when the emotions are at their rawest,this will be a much different entry than the one I would've written w/out a good nights sleep on the matter that's for sure!!


The best thing that can be said about the day and the work week is they're over and a few days away from the brick oven that I work in may allow me to cool off,Monday's another day and a whole new week and providing I can get out to run again over the weekend it should help defuse the situation.


I'm not going into a long diatribe about the ills and woes of my job,I just can't be arsed,let's just say that getting a tattoo on my forehead that says"People only listen to me when I fart" was a serious consideration yesterday!!!! but hopefully a few days away from the situation and a few 6 milers will give me a different perspective and a much better attitude when I go in Monday morning.


As for Friday's run,after two days of cooling my jets I was happy to be back out along Cobbs Creek Parkway for my out and back 6 miler,even if it meant having to detour fallen trees along the course,downside it probably cost me a sub 46 time,plus side it'll make life hell for the ATV and bikers who treat CCP like a bike path not a sidewalk.


I reached the turnaround in 22.54 and came back in 23.07 to record my second fastest time 46.01.6. since I began this current batch of 6 milers last Sunday,on Monday I went out in 22.55 but came back in 23.46 so even w/ the fallen trees I still picked up 39 seconds,at this stage of the game even the smallest and seemingly most insignificant gains are a big deal to me as I'm trying to rebuild my self belief,I'm not ready for the pipe and slippers just yet!!!,oh and for the record it was only 87 degrees yesterday afternoon when I ran....yea!!!




4 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Whatever is good, right?

kevin f forde said...

To be 100% honest Scott I threw "Whatever" as a working title into the mix rather than leave it blank,hindsight which is 20/20 afterall and a good nights meant I don't feel as angry as I did walking into and out of work yesterday,that's not say yesterday didn't bite cos it sure as hell did,I'm just WAY less angry about it now!

observer said...

Kevin, is it possible you have a minor injury that you aren't even aware of? That could be slowing you down if you're subtly favoring part of your body. It could even be in a spot that you wouldn;t expect to slow your races, like the back or your shoulder or a bicep. But I'm guessing its your calves. Moisten your fingers with some skin cream and run them deeply into your leg muscles from the knee down, especially along both sides of the shin bones. Is there some inflammation? Doing some deep massage can help immensely, especially if you've got stiffness. I had this a while back and wasn't even aware of it. Working out the scar tissue and inflammation brought my legs back to life pretty quickly. I don't think you're overtrained, although a few of those monster sessions of 1,000-meter reps might have temporarily set you back. Good news on the blood test, so see if self-massage of the legs and feet makes a difference.

kevin f forde said...

Observer,thanks for that,back in mid/late October I experienced a "knot" in the back of my left calf which has come back to bother me over the past 2.5 weeks so I'll try the massage and see if it cures it