Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gun Fight At The Last Chance Saloon





Ok so that's maybe a bit over the top for tonites 5,000m race at Icahn Stadium in New York but never let it be said my blog doesn't provide a flair for the dramatic!!!


It's fair to say my 2011 outdoor season has failed to get off the ground,my season opener at Upenn on April 2nd set the tone for what it must be said has been a major disappointment this outdoor season,following a 6 week period b4 my next race at Swarthmore I went backwards even though I felt then and now I was well trained(little did I know what was going on w/ my body}when I ran another lackluster race at Ichan on May 17th I suspected something was up and the death nail was that woeful mile at Henderson on June 3rd which brings me to this evening.


I have no idea what to expect of myself tonite,that's not me being coy or hedging my bets,I just don't know what to expect,this is my first race in almost 4 weeks and my first race since discovering that my piss poor form thus far outdoors was down to low ferritin levels in my blood,it'll be interesting to see what this evening yields,it will give me an idea what to expect next Saturday in Sacramento at Worlds and maybe a pointer to the 5,000m at Nationals in 4 weeks time,wish me luck I've passed the point of turning back it's going to be what it's going to be,good,bad or ugly.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only advice I can give you is be careful when passing on the rail.... Best of luck!

kevin f forde said...

That's why I passed on the outside up the home straight!!