Thursday, June 9, 2011

Such A Strange Girl

You're such a strange girl I think you come from another world,you're such a strange girl I really don't understand a word
You're such a strange girl I'd like to shake you round and round,you're such a strange girl I'd like to turn you all upside down
You're such a strange girl the way you look like you do, you're such a strange girl I want to be w/ you
I think I'm fallin',I think I'm fallin'in,I think I'm fallin'in love w/ you,w/you


The Perfect Girl-The Cure


Uh oh! anytime I'm quoting The Cure it can only mean doom,gloom and a goth complex....ha ha! Another heat advisory warning in effect today as we notched our second heatwave in two weeks{a heatwave constitutes three consecutive 90 degree plus days}and while we registered 99 degrees today I saw 98 on the billboard in the Fresh Grocer parking lot at around 4pm which meant another day I wouldn't be running again today.


So what to do on these afternoons?for me I caught up on some "Being Erica" episodes on my dvr,I have all 12 epps from season three on my dvd player which next to the wheel might just be the greatest invention since the wheel period but especially when they aired at 11pm which is well past my bedtime,I'm hard pressed to watch a show that begins at 10pm....I might be awake when it begins,still being awake when it ends at 11pm is another!


While a fourth and final season has been green lighted in its native Canada this year a concern this side of the border is that Disney owned Soapnet channel where "Being Erica" airs will be going off air which leaves those of us who follow the exploits of Erica Strange in a quandary as to how we're going to see this show play out.....sure there's buying the season on dvd but as they say,that's for another day.


I did read that an American version is being planned which fills me w/ dread,sorry to say most American copies of tv shows from England tend to be......{pause as I try to be diplomatic here...}pants basically.....sorry w/ the exception of "The Office" most US remakes are two bob and having seen the hatchet job that's been done on favs such as "Ashes To Ashes""Skins" and "Being Human" I don't expect Canada's best export since Ice Hockey to fair any better.


Well slightly cooler temps are being called for tomorrow so less tv and more running talk tomorrow.




3 comments:

Alison said...

Agree about the TV shows - Top Gear is another.

Been reading back on some blogs. –- I must say it’s possible from the amount of exclam ! ation !!!!! marks !!!!! that Anonymous is a female, but I can’t imagine any woman being so vindictive or obsessed about your running. So my guess is that Anonymous is probably an emotionally inept, spectacularly unsuccessful man with small dick. In any event Anonymous - get a life.

kevin f forde said...

Alison,never bothered w/ the remake of Top Gear..........
As for your other comment,I'll get back to you when my pants have dried.....!!!!!LMFAO

Anonymous said...

Well Well We will see when the Blood test comes back the results will just what I told you it would say! OLD Fart!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave the running for the young and get your self a jazzie old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL