Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Survival Of The Fittest

Kicked it a little old school today{after yesterday at work it was nice to know it's all I kicked!!!!}w/ an untimed run over 4 miles.
In 07/08 when I only logged 30 miles a week my days in between track repeats were always easy untimed 5 milers where my coach's mantra to me was"no matter how slow you're going,it's probably too fast!"
Too often we as runners are governed by the stop watch and too hung up on times so it was nice to just go out and run for the sheer love of it this afternoon,sure after cranking out a brisk 6 miler yesterday there was a temptation to see how fast I could run a 4 miler but if the mood takes me I can bait that hook Thursday since Friday is scheduled as a rest day b4 a return to the realm of repeats on Saturday.

I'm still feeling the fallout from "Disaster Day" on June 3rd,bad enough I ran a humbling 4.54 mile that evening but on my way out to Paoli I lost my debit card and work id.
I cancelled the old debit card and asked my bank to issue a new one last Monday and was told it would arrive w/in a week to ten days.....
As of today{8 days}said debit card is like the proverbial cheque......in the mail,I've exhausted the left overs in my fridge I need real food so tomorrow it's back to the bank to see how much they'll let me w/draw w/out my debit card,$100 would allow me a trip to the food store not just for me but for Precious,the little girl needs to eat too,if her cute face doesn't win them over she could always bite them like she just bit me!!!,talk about bite the hand that feeds!

No comments: