Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good End To A Bad Week

Back tracking slightly,I ran 4 miles yesterday afternoon,I wasn't expecting to run to be honest given how I felt after the mile race at Henderson the evening b4 but after watching the Prefontaine Meet from Eugene I felt inspired enough to throw on my running gear and knock out an impromptu 4 miler which I didn't bother to time.

Went w/ a 6 miler today to round out my weekly mileage at 30 miles,a far cry from the 55 mile weeks I had been knocking out not too long ago but an increase on the 24 I had last week so that at least is a positive in a week of very few positives it has to be said.
I've had a lot of strange thoughts this week,at one point in time I considered switching flights from Sacramento to Portland and switching the 5,000m at Worlds for the 1,500m Masters exhibition at the USATF Nationals/World Championship trials.....however my woeful 4.54 mile at Henderson told me that a 1,500m right now isn't on the cards.
I had planned/been advised to step up my mileage to 6 miles this coming week and given that I was on 24 miles going in to today I always felt a 6 miler was on the cards today which lead me to ponder the potential for a 5,000m/10,000m double at Nationals.

Since the 5,000m at Worlds is a lock,I can't switch distances even if I wanted to and it'll serve as my only race prior to Nationals I'm considering the 5,000m/10,000m this of course is all based on the results of my blood test, until I get them I really can't make too many plans,here's to tomorrow and getting my ducks in order to allow the blood test and getting to the bottom of this sorry saga.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shame,SO SAD!!!!!!!!
You are a old man that still thinks he is young,face it you are just getting old,stop trying to be young!!!!! that blood test will tell you nothing is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your just an old fart!!!!! thats all!!!!!!!!!!

Nick Berra said...

"Anonymous" certainly is a motivational ray of sunshine - I think the only piece of advice he hasn't given you is to walk out onto I-95 traffic blindfolded. Did you say that you know him/her? Sorry to hear about the recent problems, hopefully there will be a medical explanation. You have a lot left in the tank, hang in there...

kevin f forde said...

Thanks Nick,I haven't written this season off just yet.

rich wallace said...

anonymous: grow up. put your name on here. then go away. a lot of us enjoy reading kevin's blog. if you don't, get lost.

mark said...

who cares about anonymous I don't see anyone reading his blog. I have been reading Kevins blog since 2008 when I ran my first meet in over 20 years, in spokne when I ran the 1500 and He won in an amazing 4:10.

Anonymous said...

Every one gets old ,yes even Kevin,he is just getting old there is nothing wrong with his blood,But he will find that out when the test comes back,and so will you!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin f forde said...

Rich and Mark,
thanks for the support and for being in my corner,it was noted and duly apreciated fellas