Monday, June 27, 2011

Making Plans For Nationals*

Hopefully someone will leave the light on for me!
*Not to be confused w/ the XTC song"Making Plans For Nigel".

Although my departure to Sacramento and Worlds is now just 9 days away I have to get my ducks in a row for Berea and Nationals in just over 4 weeks time.
My plans took a major hit when my wingman Sean"that's Doctor Harbison to you" had to shelve his plans to go due to a season ending pelvic fracture(ouch!!!),there went my ride and roommate in one foul swoop.
Fortunately the club{ Greater Philadelphia Track Club} tend to send a decent number of runners to Nationals each year and Chuck was gracious enough to offer me a ride up....and back to Cleveland now I just needed to find a hotel and w/in my budget.
Therein lay the problem,alot of the cheaper hotels required the fee now and between still having to pay the registration fee for Nationals by Friday plus a week in Sacramento money was in short supply.......God Bless Tom Bodett and his Motel 6 chain

Granted Motel 6s are very basic but at $39 a nite you get what you pay for.....but you don't pay for it till you check in which allows me a few more pay cheques to secure the 5 nights.
I dodged a major bullet w/ one hotel I looked at online,I won't name them but they were offering a cheaper rate than Motel 6 and while I weighed up the pros and cons of committing $209 I technically don't have right now I happened to check the customer comments.........jaysus I realize not everyone is going to like a hotel,a movie,a cd etc but this hotel got slagged off something chronic,soooooooooooooooo glad I didn't book a room there.

As is my won't the day b4 a race no run this evening but a huge brontosaurus bowl of Linguine and Clams w/ Texas Toast,got my bag ready and now it's time to put my feet up and relax b4 heading up to New York tomorrow afternoon for a 5,000m race at Icahn,not only is it my last race b4 Worlds but for several it's a final race b4 Club Nationals next weekend so it could be a lively race,as long as I can improve on my sub par times at the Upenn and Twilight meets in April and May I'll be happy.

No comments: