Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mixed Emotions

He waits for her to understand but she won't understand at all,she waits all night for him to call but he won't call anymore
He waits to hear her say forgive but she just drops her pearl black eyes and prays to hear him say I love you but he tells no more lies
He waits for her to sympathize but she won't sympathize at all, she waits all night to feel his kiss but always wakes alone
He waits to hear her say forget but she just hangs her head in pain and prays to hear him say no more I'll never leave again
How did we get this far apart?we used to be so close together how did we get this far apart?I thought this love would last forever





Apart-The Cure




A day of very mixed emotions indeed,Precious is 10 months old and I've had her for 6 months,she's grown so much in 6 months,not such a "little girl" anymore,I've recently taken to calling her "Babs" cos she's such a Funny Girl !!!!




As a Boston based sports fan I'm overjoyed that the Bruins have ended a 39 year drought for the Stanley Cup and joined fellow New England teams atop their respective sports, in the last 10 years the Pats have won 3 Super Bowls,the Red Sox have won 2 World Series and the Celtics added another NBA title to their storied history leaving only the Bruins to make a clean sweep of things.




They did it the hard way,winning in 7 and overtime in round 1,winning in 7 in the Eastern Conference final and the Stanley Cup in 7 having trailed 0.2 and 2.3 no wonder the Canucks fans took it so badly!!!




Today also marks the 25th anniversary of getting engaged to my ex wife Erica on her 21st birthday,I've said over the years that Erica anniversaries either go unnoticed or hit me between the eyeballs like a 2by4,being the 25th anniversary I kind of knew that this year Erica's b'day was going to strike a cord w/ me.




I can still picture the quaint restaurant in Greenwich(South East London not New York or Conneticut) where I asked her to marry me it was one of the happiest days of my life but sadly unlike novels and movies this fairy tail didn't have a happy ending,I've shed a number of tears over the years at the fact I did such a piss poor job at my marriage and "Apart" by The Cure sums up how things went from being so good to so bad so quickly.




Not that I think for one second Erica reads my blog,or thinks about me that often but I do wish her a happy b'day and hope that she's happy in her life these days.




In keeping w/ Tuesdays easy untimed 4 miler I went the same route this evening,I need to get out of that mindset that every training run is the final of the Olympic Trials,Saturday sees a return to repeats after three and a half weeks since my dramatic collapse last time out and Sunday will be an easy untimed 8 miler to round out the week.









2 comments:

Randy Shwini said...

You must get over the disappointment from so long ago, sir. Get out there to meet a new girl! Even if you are not a bar scene kind of man, the internet has great people to meet for dating. That is what I did after a long term disappointment. Your life will be happier with a new girlfriend and perhaps one day wife. Best of luck Kevin.
Fellow runner from Korea,
Randy

kevin f forde said...

Randy,
I spent 18 months on 2 online line dating sites and got zero dates....maybe the universe is trying to tell me something???
Good luck w/ the running