Thursday, September 29, 2011

Caught Between Two Fires

After back to back to back 10 milers it was a slight drop down in mileage today w/ an 8 miler to put me at 38 miles heading into Syracuse this weekend.
Nothing much to blog on the 10 miles other than noticing the leaves on the sidewalk as we're only two days away from October.
I've also had to endure the runners curse of putting up w/ "the peanut gallery" as I passed the basketball court off Baltimore Ave for a couple of days.
After 35 years of running I've heard every smart arse,dumb,banal comment there is to hear so I don't "take the bait" it must drive the masses mad but I know if respond once I might as well paint a target on my back each time I run past the basketball court so it's a lot easier to "cop a deaf one"and suppress my basic instinct to say something.

Tomorrow will be a rest day as is my won't on Fridays as it's the last Friday of the month that means "Land Of The Lost" on Wxpn,four hours of 80's music plus hanging out online in the chat room,trust me spending four hours in my room w/ just the radio and my pc never felt so good.
If you're curious who the cute blond on my arm in the photo is it's none other than Hannah England silver medalist in the 1,500m in Daegu and 3rd last Saturday at 5th Avenue Mile,I was lucky enough to say hello after her race and get a photo opportunity w/ her,big thanks to Tom Cawley for not only taking the photo but for also emailing it to me.

No comments: