Thursday, September 22, 2011

On The Up And Up B4 The Upper West Side

A day off today to schedule a doctors appointment,the good news my hemoglobin levels have gone up by a whole point since my last blood test in July prior to last Monday when I was tested again.
A lot of this comes down to a daily regiment of iron pills which I've been taking religiously once a day since July 21st and have been advised to keep doing so until December 12th b4 then going to one a week.
I've felt stronger in training in recent weeks but the true test will be how I race over the next few weeks,phase two of my fall training schedule calls for 7 races in 10 weeks from Saturday at 5th Avenue through to November 26th and the Brandywine cross country 5k in Delaware this should I hope give me a good idea of the shape I'm in heading into the indoor season.

Easy 6 miler at lunch time to round out my pre race tally at 35 miles,trust me I haven't been setting any land speed records along CCP this week as I gear up for my sixth 5th Avenue Mile on Saturday.
Tonite I get to turn back time some 25 years and enjoy OMD in concert for the first time since 1986 on their "Pacific Age" tour.
Aside from not having seen OMD in eons I can't recall my last gig at the TLA(Theater Of Living Arts)one of if not my favourite places to catch a gig here in Philly it's been that long ago{sidebar,after consulting my notes it looks like it was Grace Potter & The Nocturnals in 08} so both are due b4 I head up to Manhattan tomorrow to catch the Human League in Times Square which will my first time seeing Human League since 03....wow time really does fly by doesn't it?

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Sorry I haven't been here for a while, sort of fallen off everyones radar, it happens.

Glad to see you know what was the trouble and are getting on top of it. All the best with your fall racing.

Enjoy the concerts too.

Later Scott

kevin f forde said...

Yo Scott last time I checked you were dealing w/ the stitches in your lip after a nasty fall hope you're ok now.
Good news on my iron levels no thanks to the useless intern who saw me in June who NEVER suggested taking iron pills,I can thank 2 fellow masters runners who suggested iron pills at Worlds in July who set me on the right path.
OMD were amazing,full review coming,off to NYC now for a double dip,Human League and 5th Avenue Mile