Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's Try This Again

After my spectacular cock up w/ my last pair of new shoes I was only too happy to give my new pair of Puma Complete Slx Ryjin their maiden voyage....voyage being the operative word given the amount of surface water out there this evening.
I have to give a big shout out to my team mate Nick Berra who used his influence w/ Eastbay to help me out and the customer service department at Eastbay for rewarding my years of custom w/ them by giving me 10% off my new shoes and waiving shipping,it's good to know customer loyalty is worth something these days.

As for the run,an easy 8 miler,I was tempted to go for another hard 8 miler to try and atone for yesterdays crash and burn but thought better of it,I'm not sure back to back hard runs are such a good idea and besides Saturday's 3x2mile repeats are too important to jeopardize w/ my ego so I took it nice and easy this evening,just happy the rain had eased up long enough to allow me to run.
Easy 6 miler tomorrow to put me back on schedule for the week leading into the weekend,fingers crossed the rain holds off to allow me my 3x2mile repeats Saturday and my 12 miler on Sunday.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Looks like things are chugging along nicely Kevin. Have a good weekend! I'll be back to check how things go with you for the fall running season.

kevin f forde said...

Yo Scott,long time no hear,last I read you were swimming w/ sharks!!!
Sorry to hear about your recent fall.....yikes I guess it's a classic case of "i get knocked down but I get up again"
Good luck w/ the 30k tomorrow