Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oh For Life To Imitate Art

Touch me how can it be, believe me the sun always shines on tv,hold me close to your heart touch me and give all your love to me

The Sun Always Shines On TV-A-ha

It was looking like a second day of having to sit out a run hence the nod to "The Sun Always Shines On TV"(more on that later)however mid morning not only did the rain stop but ye gods the sun actually came out.....I know what a concept!
When I did hit the road at 4.35pm I hit it hard and went through my first split at Cedar & Cobbs Creek in 3.26,my last 2 splits were 3.45/3.44,w/ hindsight maybe I should've eased off the gas a little but the curiosity factor had gotten the better of me and I wanted to see how much further I could push the envelope and kept my foot down so to speak.

8.30 at Baltimore Ave and 13.12 at Whitby Ave last week my splits were 8.40 & 13.26 and the question was how long could I hold this pace?
Reached the turnaround in 23.28 and I was beginning to feel the pace understandably my 23.36 last week felt a lot more comfortable and more importantly I was able to up the pace,not so today.
34.24 at Whitby Ave 20 seconds down on last week and the wheels were falling off,over the closing two miles there was very little in the way of knee lift or leg turnover,I was paying the ultimate price now for my bravado as I clocked 39.24 at Baltimore Ave 58 seconds adrift of last weeks split and then 45.21 at Cedar and Cobbs Creek 1.48 down from the 43.33 I clocked last Tuesday.
Finished in 49.06.3. a far cry from the 46.37.8. I clocked a week ago but this was very much the tale of two very different runs as the 2.29 deficit underlines.
Am I pissed at myself? a little but I'd rather have a rush of blood to the head on a training run than a race so I'll chalk this one up as a loss and look to rebound next week w/ a more even paced run.

As for the A-ha reference,there were two songs last Friday at Sex Dwarf that really stuck a cord w/ me,"Tears Run Rings" by Marc Almond and "The Sun Always Shines On TV" by A-ha.
A-ha in America are probably considered a "one hit wonder" w/ their debut single "Take On Me" but in their native Europe they notched several top 40 hits including a James Bond theme w/ "The Living Daylights"
I'd all but forgotten "The Sun Always Shines On Tv" until Friday nite,as I remarked to a few people since then hearing music on your ipod,your computer,your stereo is great but in a club w/ a kick arse sound system can take it to a new level and is one of the reasons both the A-ha and Marc Almond tracks were recent I Tunes downloads.

No comments: