Sunday, September 18, 2011

Up The Dubs

First up I have to state I have no connection to Dublin.....other than my love of U2,Guinness and Ronnie Delaney and Eamonn Coghlan but just like my beloved Rebel County Cork lifted the Sam Maguire trophy last year after a 20 year wait I can't begrudge The Dubs their first All Ireland football crown in 16 years,it must've been gauling for Dublin fans to see other counties coming into Dublin every third Sunday of September for the last 16 years to contest the final but as they say"every dog has his day" and for "The Jax" today was finally their day....if there's a drop of Guinness left in Dublin tonite I'll be surprised!!!

It's been one heck of a weekend for the Irish,Ireland beat Australia in the rugby World Cup,Alister Cragg set a new Irish record for the 5,000m in the final Diamond League meet in Brussels.....and even Notre Dame managed a win!!!!
Boyed.....or boyoed by such events yours truly went about his Sunday 12 miler w/ a song in his heart and a smile on his face.....it didn't hurt any that Spurs mullered Liverpool 4.0 b4 I left,nothing like a Spurs win to give me an added pep in my step.
There was a crisp edge to the air this morning,Fall is right around the corner that's for sure.

Given the PDR/Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon was taking place this morning I opted to give Kelly Drive a wide berth and elected to make the turnaround after crossing South St Bridge,heading back towards home I then continued on to CCP, ran the out and back 6 mile course to complete my 5th 12 miler in 5 weeks and wrap up a 5th 50 mile week,only a downpour on week one cost me a 12 miler that Sunday and 6 50 mile weeks but phase one is in the books.

No comments: