Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New York State Of Mind

I wasn't going to let a shower stop me from getting my 9 miler in this evening,frankly I've ran further in far worse conditions.
By getting my 9 miler in I'm still on course for 35 miles b4 Saturdays 5th Avenue Mile.
I found this picture online it's from my 2008 victory,for the first time in recent weeks my thoughts are now well and truly on this years race.
Having the next 2 days off work will either be a blessing or a curse,granted a little extra sleep and a lot less stress tomorrow and Friday but more time to think or even overthink Saturday's race,how well I manage my time over the next 72 hours will go a long way to determine the outcome.

Doctors appointment tomorrow,it'll be interesting to get the results of my recent blood tests to see how I'm doing w/ the anemia issue and then it's the first of two concerts, which has become a pre 5th Avenue Mile tradition,Motorhead in 08,U2 in 09,James last year and now OMD tomorrow followed up by The Human League on Friday in Times Square.
On the subject of music I'm currently listening to Mick Karn's second solo album "Dreams Of Reason Produce Monsters"

It was w/ great sadness I learnt this lunchtime that the former bassist w/ Japan died back in early January from cancer at a mere 52,far too young,I plan a more detailed tribute to Mick Karn in a few days time,for now I'm remembering his uncanny fretless bass style and will probably watch the "Oil On Canvas" segment of Japan's Best Of dvd later,listening to Mick Karn was only half the treat,seeing him on stage was something special,rest in peace my friend.

No comments: