Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stealing Cake To Eat The Moon

Easy 8 mile recovery run this evening which suited me after the hard 8 miler yesterday and hill repeats at Belmont Plateau tomorrow.
The last few days have been a bit of a grind due to the fact I'd spread myself a little thin on the financial side on this last pay cheque,I've had to go w/out lunch and breakfast this week which is never ideal when you know you've got 8 mile runs on tap but shit happens sometimes and you just have to deal w/ it as best you can here's hoping it's a one off.

I was quite happy the other day to download the two disc set of Spandau Ballet's 1981 debut "Journeys To Glory" on my ipod.
It's been a while since I've heard the whole album,I'd forgotten how good "Reformation" sounded and thanks to the bonus disc I got to reaquate myself w/ the 12'' mixes of "To Cut A Long Story Short""The Freeze" and "Glow"songs that were seldom off my stereo 30 years ago when they were first released.
Given that Spandau Ballet were never big here in America I'm not holding out a lot of hope that they'll tour here since they got back together two years ago but lead singer Tony Hadley did tour the US in August and did play in New York on Sunday so who knows?

No comments: