Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Well He Must've Been Down Right Petrified Today!

It's been a while since I've used the 747 pilot and Grand Central Station analogies at work but bejaysus this morning more than made up for it,from 6.30am till 9.30am my feet never touched the ground and then from 9.50am till 11.50am I couldn't turn around w/out a delivery or pick up getting made on the dock.
There are days when I think I could do this job till I'm in my early 60s and then there are days like today when I feel every ounce and every inch of my almost 48 years,maybe it was just one of those days or maybe it was a cosmic payback for taking yesterday off,either way I survived and there is a train of thought that says "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger"......that said there's also a train of thought that says" hard work never killed anyone" but why feck w/ it to see if it's true???

After last weeks spectacular crash and burn on my hard 8 miler I was determined to redress the balance this evening
3.42 at Cedar & CCP a little more restrained than last week(3.26) but then it seemed I eased up too much,9.08 at Baltimore Ave,14.11 at Whitby Ave b4 making the turn in 25.01,my slowest halfway split to date.After last weeks second half colapse I knew I needed a better second half today and got it,36.01 at Whitby Ave and 40...something at Baltimore Ave.
45.54 at CCP & Cedar on route to a 49.16.3,granted 10 seconds slower than last week but a much stronger finish,out in 25.01 back in 24.15.
I'm disappointed I went out too conservatively,maybe I got snake bitten after last week but there will be other chances to return to the realm of 47.16.3 and 46.37.8 after my three week hiatus for races.

No comments: