Thursday, September 15, 2011

Running Up That Hill

Well, at least that was the plan at the start of my day.....
Sadly the rain had other ideas and also a change of schedule at The Ritz Five meant having to hastily rearrange my schedule on the fly.
I had hoped to hit Belmont Plateau one last time b4 phase two of my fall training schedule kicks in to action next Monday,however the rain had other ideas,I just couldn't see treking all the way over to Belmont w/ the skies so grey and ominous and despite a little lite rain I opted for a baseball cap and jacket in order to get a 6 miler in at the very least.

Given that Saturday is my final 3x2mile repeat for a few weeks (October 15th) I want to be able to give myself the best shot at being able to make Saturday count so given the option of a rain effected 6 miles today over a 6 miler tomorrow the day b4 I went w/ option A,I just prefer Fridays as my token rest day for the week period but also when there's something on the line albeit a race against the clock why not just have at it rain and all.
Also adding to the mix was the discovery that "Brighton Rock" was ending it's run at the Ritz Five this evening,I had made plans to see it tomorrow evening but thanks to checking the schedule for The Ritz I discovered it was being taken out of the theater after the 7pm and 9.40pm showing this evening.

I must confess I haven't read Graham Greene's novel on which the movie is based though I'm sure it was part of my high school reading curricular way back when,for me the lynch pin of seeing it was to see Sam Reily play the lead role of Pinky Brown,Sam Reily did an excellent job in his portrail of former Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis in the movie "Control" in 07 hence me racing against time to get my run in and get down to the Ritz in time to catch the 7pm showing.
So why the Kate Bush picture if I didn't actually do hill repeats???well I like Kate Bush and it's a good...no great picture of her,how or why her record company have never upgraded her video collection from Vhs to Dvd is beyond me but such is life.

No comments: