Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life's A Beach

"Albert's fallen on the sun cracked his head wide open
The world begins to disappear the worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear for an eggman,falling,falling
The world begins to disappear the worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear for an eggman,fallin' off the wall
Will never be together again"


Einstein On The Beach-Counting Crows


Hard to believe today marks 12 years since I began work at Albert Einstein Medical Center,I've often joked in the past and I'm sure I'll joke in the future that"people have committed murder and served less time" but the truth of the matter is this job provided me stability at a time when my life needed it and though I bitch about it from time to time I could be flipping burgers somewhere so for now let's play nice where work is concerned.


Another easy 10 miler this evening,even though I'm racing this weekend it's important to maintain my weekly 50 miles a week tally,I was thinking this evening that prior to the arse falling out of my season 10 mile runs were the norm and let's not gloss over the fact that last season my 5,000m track times were all sub 16 minutes on the strength of 50/55/60 mile weeks so if I'm to return to those times and that kind of form next season then there's no better time to start working my way back up and given the last 5 Sundays have been 12 milers frankly a 10 mile run is no big deal but the fact I've begun my 10 milers again is I hope another step to returning to my 2010 form.




No comments: