Thursday, May 24, 2012

Easy Tiger



It's said "the older you get the smarter you get".....I'm not 100% sure I have surficient data to back that up......however I have learnt to embrace the easy/recovery run!!
My former coach always used to tell me"no matter how slow you're going it's probably too fast" and when you know the following day is a hard day you don't want to be giving anymore effort than you need,so w/ that in mind and a 8.4 Art Museum Loop tempo run on tap I kept last nites easy/recovery 4 mile at a gentle clip,roughly 9 mine mile pace

In a short space of time returning to my former stomping ground Clark Park I've sussed out that it's roughly 7 mins there and 7 mins back and each loop beginning at 45th & Chester Ave and going clockwise up to Baltimore Ave down to 43rd St down to Woodlands Ave and up 45th St is roughly 5 mins so 5 loops = 25 mins plus 14 =39 mins,good enough for 4 miles,obviously a 5 or 6 miler requires more loops and anything over 6 milers requires an out and back down to or along the river as that many loops tends to induce vertigo.....although having ran 5,000m indoors and 10,000m outdoors I can handle 25 laps!!!!

No comments: