Friday, May 4, 2012

The Long Goodbye



I'm not someone who embraces change willingly so the fact the next few days will see my prefered schedule turned upside down is somewhat of an issue for me,that said moving to my own apartment is something I've wanted for a while now so whatever disruptions I have to endure over the weekend to facilitate said move will ultimately be well worth it.
In order to "have my cake and eat it"this weekend,move get my repeats in and log a 40 mile week I had to "go long" today,I'll obviously take tomorrow as my token rest day for the week b4 hitting the track on Sunday for my weekly 6x600m repeats.

It was somewhat ironic that today was my long run,an extended out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway,a route that's been the bulk of my training runs over the last three years and four months.
There is a chance I'll return to Cobbs Creek Parkway in the fall when I look to notch 10 milers but that's fall it would be remiss of me to wax lyrical about fall training when my summer training is only four weeks old.

I'll miss Cobbs Creek it was a good training route but times change and so do training runs,who knew when I last ran around Clark Park in early January 2009 that just over three years and four months later it would again become the venue for my easy/recovery runs.

Between the move,not having phone and internet for a few days and going to New York City on Tuesday my blog entries will be patchy over the next few days,I hope to blog from work on Monday and fingers crossed come Wednesday I'll have phone and internet at the new apartment,till then wish me luck as the old adage about moving being one of the three most stressful things one encounters in life is very much front and center.

No comments: