Friday, December 4, 2015

Clawing My Way Out Of A Downward Spirial.....And Coming Out The Other Side.....

So....I didn't run again on Wednesday......not due to the rain it should be pointed out I bought a 3/4 length Spurs rain jacket recently to combat that issue and not have it hanging up for "decorative" effect,no my reason for not running came from a far darker place......

You'd have thought after an almost 2 hour run on Tuesday where it seemed I'd gotten my head together and gotten my "ducks in a row" I'd be good to go on Wednesday????? not the case,alas I woke up Wednesday in the same fucked up headspace I'd been Tuesday and it continued to go downhill quicker than Lindsay Vorn in the Giant Slalom to the point that my gut got tighter than the drum skins on Neil Pearts drum kit and when that happens I can't eat,it was like trying to force feed myself at work to the point that I knew a 13 miler was suicide having not taken on the required fuel for the day......and to underline how fucked up I was having hardly eaten all day I made a fuck off bowl of Getti and Meatballs....took four mouthfuls and proceeded to throw it in the trash.....
I hate wasting food,I also hate feeling that way,I wouldn't say my overall mood was dark,twisty and macabre but Wes Craven would've taken one look inside me and declared"that's some of the scariest shit I've ever seen".................I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!

Mercifully a new day dawned on Thursday and I rose to meet it head on,humbled myself did what had to be done,quashed the "beef" between my coworker and I and got on w/ the business of the day which included another 13 mile run.
Out the door by 4.25pm conditions were a little milder than Tuesday,45 degrees to 54 degrees but prudently I'd thrown on my Spurs half zip jacket which did the job keeping me warm but last nite I realized it's only a matter  of time b4 ye old gloves get dug out and my three quarter length bottoms get replaced by running tights.
W/ a clearer grasp on things the run went well case in point just after Strawberry Mansion bridge on my way back down Kelly Dr towards Lloyd Hall some Lance Armstrong type was in the incoming lane of traffic flow cos he wanted ride alongside his friend,I kept my "dick" comment to a low growl.....Tuesday or Wednesday I'd have probably decked the fucker and thrown his bike into the nearby Schuylkill River.......like I said I was in a dark,twisty macabre place.......

W/ two 13 milers under my belt I now plan  to return to the track for the first time in two months...GULP!!!!! to resume repeats,hopefully tonite but if I can't access the track on the way home from work I will return on Saturday lunchtime,either way 6 miles or repeats/warm up-cool down and 8 miles easy will round out my week at 40mpw.....it would appear to the casual observer things have returned to normal.....or as normal as they get w/ moi!!!!

No comments: