Friday, December 4, 2015

Unlucky For Some Threeteen????? You Bollocks Mate!!!!

The original plan was to resume "hostilities" w/ the track in late October,early November.......SO it comes as no major surprise that here we are in the first week of December w/ yours truly only now getting back into his racing flats......
My last repeat was Sat Sept 5th when I conducted my debut "Mo Farah" workout mile,1,200m 1,000m 800m 600m 400m w/ three min recoveries,the plan was to make this my go to repeat figuring it allowed me strength and speed work and irregardless of it being threeteen weeks since my last repeat on top of having ran 13 miles last nite I hit the track at Geasey Field on Temple's campus on my way home from work this evening.

Granted I'd probably have done better going home and taking care of a recovery 8 miler and then hitting the track Saturday lunchtime.......but c'mon when has moi done shit by the book hey???
Method to my madness I'm trying to get my 5 runs in Monday thro Friday these days to leave the weekends free for "Honey Bunny" time period but w/ Candice's job being '
''manic" between now and probably Xmas Eve the weekend are more important to me than they would've been if I'd "gotten on my horse" and off my chuff in November.....I didn't so here we are,plus w/ a trip to New York City on tap next Saturday I had to know  if I could access the track on a Friday afternoon or not......turns out I could!!!!

Arrived at Geasey Field at 3.45pm a few recreational runners but no duffers and walkers.....relax I said walkers not WANKERS in lane 1 this boded well for yours truly.
A 5 lap warm up and into my flats here goes,first repeats are always a challenge much less off a 13 week hiatus on top of a 13 miler the nite b4
On my debut 13 weeks ago I went:5.30.36 4.01.73 3.19.94 2.41.04 1.54.38 73.20 I wasn't sure what to expect this afternoon......but there was one way to find out yeah?

Mile
1.17 1.23 1.23 1.21=5.24.34
Colour me gobsmacked!! 6 seconds quicker than my debut,now had I done the time honoured "shit the bed" and gone off too hard on the first of 6 repeats or was  I stronger and faster than I thought???

1,200m
1.19 1.22 1.17=3.58.44
Fuckin' ada!!! 3 seconds up on Sept 5ths time and so far nothing slower than a 1.23 400m split....

1,000m
1.16 1.22 38=3.16.29 
Another 3 second improvement,three down three to go.....

800m
1.18 1.19=2.37.71 
4 seconds off of my debut and still feeling good,it's a blessing knowing each repeat is shorter than the last.

600m
1.15 38 =1.53.68
The closest to a reverse but still a second quicker than my target time,400m to go....

400m
67.67
I shit you not!!1 6 seconds quicker than my debut
If I'd been a tad "conservative" on my closing 200m in the 1,000m and 600m w/ 38s I pretty much "blew the fucking doors off" w/ my closing 400m

5 lap cool down all done not only in an hour but also under daylight....gotta love that
To shave a whopping 23 seconds off my previous effort doesn't suck and while far from "the finished article" I can only hope the next four weeks see me continue to lower these splits b4 a 5 week race phase of training followed by a three week taper than off to Albuquerque for Indoor Nationals.....in 13 weeks time....

No comments: