Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beating The Heat Again

Another morning for setting the alarm for 8am to be out b4 9am to take care of business and round out another week of weekly milage at 30 miles.
For as long as I can remember running first thing in the morning has never been my strong suit,my earliest log book dating back to 1984 has a fair share of early morning dnfs,how times have changed!!!
Granted these days w/ my focus on track my tactics have changed,more often than not an early morning run these days is a recovery run/easy run where the focus is to just get out and run and not worry about pace/speed/time which makes my task a lot easier.
I,m still not a big lover of having to up early to run on non race days however,I have no problem cutting my cloth accordingly to make sure the run gets taken care of period,if I,m not going to allow a deluge{Wednesday}to keep me from a workout I can,t very well throw in the towel because the mercury is rising,so it,s the lesser of various evils,don,t run.....NOT an option,wait till the evening which is a dangerous option,or just set the alarm early lace em up and just get on w/ it.

No comments: