Friday, June 27, 2008

A Shift In Gear

Following last nites heroics on the track it was time to drop down a gear this evening to take care of a easy 5 mile recovery run,w/ a 4x1 mile repeat session on tap for the morning not to mention the heat this afternoon it wasn,t a hard option to drop the pace.
It felt strange to be done so early on a Friday,I don,t know why,I,ve had Saturday meets where obviously my Friday run was an easy 3 miler,Henderson was a Friday meet,I guess my Mon,Wed,Fri rotation made it feel strange not to be on the track this evening,last Friday I was on the track but w/ my schedule about to get thrown for a loop it,ll be July 25th b4 I next grace the track for a Friday workout.
It,s been a while since I got up early on a Saturday for a track workout but tomorrow and next Saturday it,s mile repeats at St Joes,I recall hitting St Joes early on Sat June 16th last year for a set of mile repeats and clocking what was then a fast set,5.14.90,5.12.10,5.07.59,5.06.77,my most recent mile repeats were on May 25th when I ran 4.55.69,5.07.66,5.06.13,5.06.63,let,s see what tomorrow brings

No comments: