Monday, June 9, 2008

You Can Run And Hide

Another day of 90 degree plus heat and this time no luxury of an early morning run.
Clearly a track workout was not an option,I could just imagine the searing heat coming off that track at 5.30pm so opting for the old"caution is the better part of valor"approach I decided to nix my track workout in favour of a 5 mile run around Clark Park instead.
It takes alot for me to nix a repeat workout but in conditions like these I felt I was potentially doing more harm than good by going to Franklin Field if I couldn,t do a track workout I should at least get out and do a 5 miler and keep my weekly milage on pace,it dosen,t look like this heatwave is going to end untill Wednesday thus nullifying any hopes of Tue/Thur/Sat rotation,however w/ the potential for a Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun rotation next week it wouldn,t be the end of the world to only manage a Wed repeat and Sat race this week,however that said I need to focus on this week and worry about next week when next week gets here.
Dispite the heat todays run served as a release from the brick oven temperature my work conditions represent,as if that wasn,t enough to deal w/ the whole debarcle of my club changing it,s name issue rose to the forefront today,at the risk of getting on my soap box here I don,t give a toss what we,re called,I joined a running club to run not get bogged down in the politics of it all,this whole situation if handeled correctly from the get go could,ve been avoided,instead there,s now talk of meetings and discussions.......sort it out amongst yourselves and let me know the outcome when your done.

No comments: