Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Days May Change,But The Song Remains The Same

After yesterdays adventures on"the high seas"it felt good to back on dry land today to conduct my pre race easy three miler.
While the day of my actual race day may change the preparation is still the same,easy three miler followed by a big bowl of pasta w/ texas toast,granted having to race on a workday is not my idea of ideal preparation for a race but tomorrow is the first of three days this summer track season I have to deal w/ that so all I can do is hope the work gods smile on me tomorrow and I can be as mentally if not as physically sharp for a race.
Having opened my account for the outdoor season five weeks ago at Deleware w/ a highly impressive 2.03.07 800m I,m curious to see what I can do tomorrow after five weeks of pretty good workouts,aside from the scheduling issue there are the usual tangables to consider,conditions,competition,how I feel on the day and importantly how I race,I,d like a faster time than my 2.03.07 just for seeding purposes at Nationals but if I don,t get it tomorrow there,s always the fall back of the MAC C,ships in New York in two weeks time as it looks less and less likely we,ll field a 4x400m relay there leaving me the option of the 800m,however that,s a race for another day right now I need to be focused on tomorrows 800m,one race at a time.

No comments: