Friday, June 13, 2008

Double Dip

First of all apologies for no blog entry yesterday,I did run,the tried and tested 5 miler/6 big loops of Clark Park,I ended up having an early nite, 8pm early and will confess to feeling the benefit of an extra three hours of sleep last nite,hopefully this bodes well for tomorrow.
A former mentor of mine Tony D always stressed the importance of an early nite 2 nites b4 a race and it,s something I,ve tried to put into effect when I can.
Today being a pre race day meant the tried and tested easy 3 mile run putting me at 23 miles for the week,the game plan is after my mile warm up and 1,500m race I,ll have 25 miles for the week and to get a 5 mile cool down in post race thus allowing me a day off on Sunday,I haven,t had one for two weeks so rather than be forced to take a rest day early on next week now I,m looking good to go............providing I take care of business after tomorrows race.
And what of tomorrows race?in the past two years my NJ C,ship meets have yeilded pr times and club records,in 06 it was a memorable 800m victory my first ever over Scott and my first ever 2.03. 800m time, 2.03.61,weeks later Scott not only beat me at the Mid Atlantic C,ships but also took my club record w/ a 2.01,a record I then took back last year at Nationals w/ a 1.59.17.
Last years NJ Championships saw me take the club record for 1,500m w/ a pr time of 4.15.74 a pr and club record that lasted just under a month b4 my 4.11.73 at Nationals,I,ll have to go some tomorrow to beat that but frankly I favour a fast race,tomorrow not only marks my second to last 1,500m race of the season{Nationals being the last}but also marks my second to last chance of going sub 4.10 for the 1,500m one of my pre season goals,we,ll have to see what happens.

No comments: