Saturday, June 7, 2008

Early Bird Special

W/ the threat of temps going into the 90s today I sought to beat the heat by getting up early to crank out my 5 miler around Clark Park.
Up and out the door by 8.45am it was already begining to warm up so I daren,t have imagined what it would,ve felt like had I,ve set out any later in the day,granted the majority of my loop around Clark Park is shaded and a good 80% of it is on the grass but even so it still had to be be ran hence the alarm being set for an ungodly 8am on a non race weekend day.
One such advantage of quite literally rolling out of bed and heading straight out the door to run is you,re not fully awake enough to realize how bizarre your actions are,and yet dispite this jolt to my system I found myself to be able to reflect on last nites race and be able to process it over my six loops.
Yes I could,ve ran it differently but the fact remains I didn,t and all the "what if,s"in the world aren,t going to alter the outcome,what I did learn was should another 800m race crop up like the one I ran last nite I,ll know what to do and as importantly what not to do,it,s done w/ now,file it away in the memory bank and begin to get ready for next Saturdays 1,500m at Monmouth in the NJ C,ships.
B4 then I still need to take care of tomorrows 5 miler to round out another week at 30 miles,again it looks like I,ll have to be up early to avoid another hot day so this evening it feels prudent to kick back and relax knowing the alarm will be going off again at 8am.

No comments: